The Hub Edinburgh is committed to protecting the information we gather that identifies you as an individual (your personal information). We have developed this privacy notice to give you all the details you need about how we process your personal information, why we process it and the steps we take to keep it secure. We may update this privacy notice and we recommend you check this page regularly. The current notice is effective from 21 of May 2018.
You do not need to share all of the information outlined below, but there may be some of our services you cannot use to a full extent if you choose to withhold information.
The Hub Edinburgh is a unique, flexible and large venue provider. We are part of the Edinburgh Festival Centre Ltd, which is a wholly-owned trading subsidiary of the Edinburgh International Festival Society. The Edinburgh International Festival Society is a charitable company limited by guarantee.
We are registered as the Edinburgh Festival Centre Ltd at the Information Commissioner’s Office and our data protection registration number is Z4955593. We are the data controller for the personal information you share with us and we operate in accordance with current data protection legislation.
Contact details for The Hub Edinburgh:
You can contact us by telephone +44 (0)131 473 2015 and by email email@example.com.
If you would like to speak to someone about your personal information and its use, please contact our data protection lead contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How we collect your personal information
We collect your personal information directly from you and in ways you would expect when you interact with The Hub Edinburgh:
- when you become one of our clients and use our venue space
- when you use our café and fill out one of our feedback forms
- when you contact us by email, by phone, by post or in person to make an enquiry, for example, to view the space, receive a quote or access information
- when you enter one of our competitions
The Personal information we collect
We only collect personal information that is necessary to meet our business needs as a leading venue space provider and to provide you with the services you have requested.
When you become our client by hiring our venue space and requesting our hospitality services, we collect personal information directly from you including:
- Your name
- Contact details (address, telephone number and email)
- Additional details required for invoicing purposes
- Name and contact details voluntarily included in service feedback surveys
- On occasion, we may also need to process special category data, such as health data, in order to provide you with the best possible service during your event
Café feedback forms, Enquiries and Competitions
When you fill in one of our café feedback forms, make an enquiry or enter a competition through our website, we will normally collect:
- Your name
- Contact details (address, telephone number and email)
- Information related to your feedback and/or enquiry
How we use your personal information
We collect personal information from you where we have a valid legal basis for doing so, such as to fulfil a contract we have with you or because you have given your consent.
Contracts and legal obligations
We use your information to meet our business needs, provide you with our services and to fulfil contracts. We use your information to:
- process various room and service booking forms according to your requests
- process our event contract with you, including our terms and conditions agreement
- process invoice(s)
- organise your event, for example, through function schedules used by our staff
- communicate with you before and after your event takes place
- provide you with a high standard of customer service
- solicit your feedback on the service you have received: information can be shared anonymously should this be your preference
- administer our business and keep client records
When you give us your clear consent for such processing, we use your personal information to:
- send you quarterly newsletters
- enter you in competitions
When you give us explicit consent for such processing, we will:
- Record special category personal information, such as health data, in your client record that is necessary to provide you with the best customer service possible during you event with our venue
Legitimate interests and legal obligations
We also use the information you provide for a number of legitimate purposes and to comply with legal obligations we may have. We carefully balance our business interests against your interests as an individual.
- We take steps to combat fraud and credit risk
- We ensure the security of our information systems
- We use CCTV on our premises at The Hub for the protection of our staff and for the detection and deterrence of crime
- We keep records to comply with our legal and financial obligations
- We respond to and record enquiries when you contact us
- We deliver and improve our customer service to you
- We undertake research to understand the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns and business growth. For this research, we use anonymised data that does not identify you as an individual.
- We conduct other general feedback surveys to better understand our service level. Our surveys are either hardcopy café feedback forms or electronic surveys. Feedback is voluntary and can be provided anonymously. We will not add you to our marketing lists without your consent.
How we share your personal information
We manage our marketing communications through Campaign Monitor and our electronic surveys through SurveyMonkey. Our client records are stored via a cloud system called ArtifaxEvent. You can read more about these companies’ approach to data security and protection by reading their privacy policies located on their own websites.
Your personal information may be stored, shared or accessed internationally through Campaign Monitor and SurveyMonkey. We only use data processors offering contracts guaranteeing data protection to the European standard and/or complying within the EU-USA Privacy Shield framework.
Artifax is a UK-based company and uses server space located in Ireland via Amazon Web Services. Amazon Web Services complies in the EU-USA Privacy Shield Framework.
Managing the personal information that we hold about you
We want to give you control over the personal information we hold about you. You have the option to unsubscribe from our contact lists using the ‘unsubscribe’ links in the emails we send to you. You can let us know directly if you wish to unsubscribe by emailing email@example.com with the subject ‘unsubscribe’.
Cookies are very small files that are stored on your computer when you visit most websites. They are sent back and forth between the website’s server and your Internet browser to allow the website to remember actions you’ve made.
Most Internet browsers allow users to control the acceptance of cookies via the browser’s settings. Visit allaboutcookies.org to find out how to configure these settings on a number of major browsers.
You can opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites by installing Google’s opt-out browser add-on.
Our primary systems, including Campaign Monitor and Artifax, use secure servers and comply with European data protection standards. Our own secure system ensures that your personal information stays personal.
We will only retain information for as long as is necessary for our business purposes and to meet our legal obligations. Generally, we will retain records related to our event clients for a minimum of seven years in order to comply with our auditing requirements. Should you wish to be removed from our marketing lists, we will have to retain a minimum amount of information about you to fully comply with your request.
Your choices and rights
You can make choices and exercise your rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you.
- You have the right to be informed about how we process your personal information.
- You have the right to withdraw consent.
- You have the right to object to our processing your personal information for reasons of our legitimate interests. We will respond to your objections insofar as we are able, except where to do so may pose a risk to our company.
- You have the right to correct your personal information. The easiest way to ensure your information is accurate is to update us of any changes by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal information.
- You can request that we delete your personal information in a number of specific circumstances, such as when you withdraw consent, successfully object to our processing or the information we have gathered is no longer required for the purpose we collected it for.
- You have the right to obtain your personal information and reuse it across other services.
You can request to see full details of the personal information that The Hub Edinburgh holds about you. In order to initiate a request, please send us a description of the information you would like to access by emailing our data protection lead at email@example.com.
If you would like to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office www.ico.org.uk.