0131 473 2015


Can you offer an exclusive use of the building?

All private spaces are available as detailed in the hire contract. The Hub, as a building includes public spaces and therefore it is not exclusively available to our clients.

Do you have onsite parking facilities?

Due to our central location there are no onsite parking facilities. The nearest car park available is the NCP on Castle Terrace, which is approximately 10 minutes away.

Can I use an external caterer?

We do not permit external caterers as we provide all catering in-house. Our team of Chefs, however, are all very flexible and welcome recommendations or suggestions to create bespoke menus.

What is the latest event finish time that you can offer?

Our latest in-house licence is until 1am. For any further extensions we are required to apply with The City of Edinburgh Council at least 6 weeks prior to the Event and it is at the Council`s discretion to either approve or decline this request.

Do you have separate toilet facilities for events?

The Main Hall, Main Hall Gallery and Dunard Library are serviced by a large gent’s toilet on the ground floor and a large ladies toilet on the first floor. (Same level as Main Hall and Dunard Library) There is no ‘general public’ access to these facilities. These facilities are cleaned and checked on a regular basis. Please note that the toilet facilities may shared by more than one client during events. Toilet facilities for customers with disabilities are located on ground floor level, Sculpture Hall level and Main Hall Gallery level.

Do you have lift facilities?

Yes, there is a passenger lift available in the building and it goes right up to the top floor of the building. The lift has the following dimensions:

Door Width = 0.79m / Door Height = 2.16m / Floor area = 1.3m x 1.09m

Maximum load = 630kg

Is there a wheelchair access?

Yes, there is a wheelchair lift from ground level to the lower sculpture hall. Access thereafter is via the main lift.

Is there a PA system available?

Our in-house portable PA system (including two handheld microphones and two lapel microphones) can be set up in any of the spaces available for hire and is suitable for speeches and/or background music only. For live music, the client must provide an independent PA.

Whilst we do not have in house sound or lighting operators, these services can be arranged via our external suppliers.

Is there air conditioning in every room?

There is air conditioning systems available in the Main Hall and Dunard Library and windows can be opened in our café space.

Do you have a stage?

We offer a portable stage system in the Main Hall only and the stage can be removed completely at additional costs.

Standard stage size is 6.45m width / 2.85m depth / 0.6m height.

Stage ramp for wheelchair users is available on request.

Note: Please give at least six weeks notice for this facility

Do you have Wi-Fi?

Wi-Fi is for use of our Café & Events customers only and it is available in the Café Hub, Dunard Library and Main Hall.

Wi-Fi log in details will be made available to our clients and customers upon request.

Can I bring my own alcohol?

Own alcohol such as sparkling wine, wine or beer can be provided by clients for drink receptions and dinners only. Per bottle corkage charges will apply.

The Client must make all catering arrangements for the supply of beverages with the in-house caterers, who retain exclusive rights to supply persons attending the premises with wines, spirits and other drinks, food and confectionery. No liquor or other refreshments shall be brought onto the premises without the permission of EFC Ltd.

Am I allowed to use candles and confetti?

The use of the following items is strictly prohibited on the premises: Helium balloons, confetti, sparklers, naked flames and smoke machines.

Candles in holders can be used in some areas of the premises by prior agreement with the management. We do not allow the use of candles within 1.5 metres of ceilings / gallery overhangs.

Do you have a projector & screen available in every room?

There is a built-in screen and projector available in the Dunard Library.

We do not have an in-house screen and projector in the Main Hall; however we can source this equipment with one of our recommended suppliers. Alternatively, the client is authorised to arrange their own AV equipment or use their preferred supplier. PLI certificates will be requested for any external suppliers in this case.

Can I have my wedding ceremony at the Hub?

The Main Hall, Dunard Library and Gallery are all licensed for holding civil ceremonies, partnerships and religious ceremonies.  Your dedicated Event Manager can advise on the most suitable room for your ceremony and can recommend a running order for the day.

Do you have a list of recommended suppliers?

We have a list of nominated contractors for services such as lighting, sound, photography, production and florists.  These companies are familiar with our facilities and codes of practice and we recommend Clients use these contractors. Clients however are welcome to work with other suppliers/contractors subject to approval by EFC Ltd.

Is there a dressing room available?

Yes, we have the Green Room located behind the pulpit area in the Main Hall. The room has a separate toilet available.

Please note: There is no level, ramped or lift access to this space due to the physical nature of the building.

When am I required to make all payments for my event?

We require a deposit payment of 30% of the Facility fee/Package costs based on guaranteed numbers at the time of signing of the contract, which will guarantee the booking and acceptance of the T&Cs.

The balance of 70% of the Facility fee/Package costs based on guaranteed numbers must be paid no later than 28 days before the event is due to take place.

The balance of all catering and other charges must be paid in full upon confirmation of final numbers no later than 10 days before the event takes place by credit card or BACS transfer.

Any additional costs accrued between 10 days before the event is due to take place and the day of the event must be settled immediately via provision of a valid credit/debit card.